At Timewade we are proud to be one of the South West’s longest established providers of IT solutions. As a Managed Service Provider, our commitment is to have a complete understanding of our client’s businesses so that we can empower them to use technology to boost performance and deliver brilliant results.
As Service Desk Analyst, your primary role will be to provide remote reactive technical support across our South West client base.
Working closely with other team members to respond to & resolve client IT issues via telephone & email. In addition, this role will also involve progressing and/or resolving pro-active issues from our automation tools.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to build excellent client relationships and communicate effectively with all client staff, regardless of role or technical knowledge.
Working hours are rotated from 07:30 to 16:30 to 08:30 to 17:30 Monday – Friday. This role will be hybrid, across home and our Exeter office. There may be occasional requirement to travel to client sites to provide emergency support and for training purposes.
As a tight-knit team, we firmly believe in multi-skilling and you will have opportunity to work closely with others.
Forged by our team, the Timewade values represent who we are, how we work and the high standards we consistently strive for and achieve: Build partnerships, Be Professional, Be a Leader, Drive Results, Be Brilliant and get things done Today not Tomorrow.
Progression opportunities include, Business Technology Consultant, Senior Service Desk Analyst & Technology Success Analyst. Projects Specialist.
- Respond to & resolve client IT issues via telephone & email
- Resolve support calls in first instance or liaise with 3rd party IT suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Provide regular communications of ticket progress with end users
- Liaise with and monitor 3rd party suppliers to ensure they are progressing our client’s issues efficiently
- Administration of user accounts & shares
- Monitor and maintain backup & security software
- Actively identify frequently logged support calls and make recommendations for IT service improvements or user training requirements
- Write workflows & technical guides to ensure knowledge is shared for repeating tickets, enabling other members of the team to resolve the same issues as quickly as possible – reducing reactive time per ticket
- Ensure technical documentation of clients are up to date with any new information gathered during reactive support
- Ensure the service desk ticketing system is always up to date and accurate with notes of all communications – yours and others
- Promote the benefits of our standards and best practices to all clients
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users in plain English
- Gain an understanding of our clients use of their line of business applications
- Initial ownership of priority one incidents
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience as a 2nd line service desk analyst diagnosing and resolving technical issues for end users
- Have experience with the following technologies and systems:
- Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server Operating systems
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Microsoft 365
- Server virtualisation platforms (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Networking equipment including Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Backup Solutions
- Have good problem-solving abilities
- Have excellent communication and listening skills including client relationship skills & knowledge sharing skills
- Have Excellent telephone manor & customer service skills. Confidence working on the phones
- Have experience of working with third party software and hardware suppliers
- Have demonstrable methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills
- Have a hands on approach, taking ownership of issues
- Have the ability to work under pressure during priority 1 incidents, communicating with all stakeholders in a timely and professional manner
- Have aptitude to interpret end user support requirements
- Work within set guidelines
- Be committed to personal development and willing to undertake training as required by the business
- The ability & confidence to go and find the solution to an issue that you may not have resolved before
- 31 days annual leave, rising to 33 days (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Your birthday off every year
- Hybrid working environment
- Modern offices with excellent facilities including café, showers, nursery, restaurant, gym, sports pitches, woodland walks, and soon to arrive leisure centre
- Company subsidised pension
- Excellent colleague and client retention
- Learning and development scheme with opportunity to complete IT qualifications
- Use of the latest technology
- Discounted rates on technology products
- Great team culture and environment
- Employee and client referral scheme
- Summer, Christmas and other regular team social events
- Established for 36 years +
- Free parking
To find out more about applying please email our Operations Director, Jordan Westcott or use the form below.