Salary £35,600 – £39,600
Plus overtime between £3,000 – £5,000 per year
- Paid overtime
- Business mileage
- 31 days annual leave, rising to 33 days (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Your birthday off every year
- Hybrid working environment
- Modern offices with excellent facilities including café, showers, nursery, restaurant, gym, sports pitches, woodland walks, and soon to arrive leisure centre
- Company subsidised pension
- Excellent colleague and client retention
- Learning and development scheme with opportunity to complete IT qualifications
- Use of the latest technology
- Discounted rates on technology products
- Great team culture and environment
- Employee and client referral scheme
- Summer, Christmas and other regular team social events
- Established for 36 years +
- Free parking
As a Project Specialist, your primary role will be to implement new products and solutions into our existing client base. Your overall responsibility will be for the successful planning, scoping, installation and closure of a project, ensuring issues managed and risks minimised, and projects completed to the satisfaction of our clients and within budget.
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:30 Monday – Friday with occasional evening work & up to 1 weekend per month with overtime deploying projects.
We would regard this as a development position – we wouldn’t expect you to do everything in this role description from day 1. But we would expect that you would want to attain these skills and responsibilities, learn and work hard to get there quickly. Salary will grow as fast as you do!
However, this role may also be suitable for someone who is already in a projects role who is frustrated that they get demands from all angles, and don’t have time to focus on the projects they are expected to do.
- Implementing a variety of Technology projects such as Microsoft 365 migrations, Server installations and replacements, SharePoint deployments, Firewall installations, Azure implementations, leased line installations, line of business upgrades, PC/Laptop installs, wireless installations, phone system installations, Cyber Essentials accreditations
- Managing the project cycle from initiation through to closure
- Building and implementing project plans, with customer approval and sign off
- Effective handover to the service desk and admin team following successful project closure
- Managing projects in alignment with the business’s technical standards
- Liaising with third parties regarding line of business applications
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users in plain English
- Client on-boarding activities
- Assist the service desk and provide service desk support.
Skills and attributes
To be considered, you must
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role or a second/third line support analyst with onsite experience implementing smaller products and solutions
- Have experience with the following technologies and systems:
- Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server Operating systems
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Microsoft 365
- Server virtualisation platforms (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Networking equipment including Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Security Services including firewalls and anti-virus software
- Backup Solutions
- VOIP and SIP Telephony systems
- Have good problem-solving abilities
- Experience of working with third party software and hardware suppliers
- Be client focused, methodical, flexible and reliable
- Be committed to quality and excellence with high attention to detail
- Have excellent communication, listening skills, ability to communicate effectively
- Time management skills
- Client relationship skills
- Have a full UK driving license, your own car and live within a commutable distance of the Exeter area
- Be comfortable travelling and working onsite regularly
Salary advertised includes a car allowance of £3,300 per annum.
If you like the sound of this role, but aren’t sure you have all of the experience, we still want to hear from you! Please email our Operations Director, Jordan Westcott for an informal chat about the training and career progression we offer at Timewade.